Chains of War is a new standalone expansion for Command: Modern Air/Naval Operations, the premier game of air & naval combat and the Pentagon's hottest new simulation tool. Twelve campaign scenarios walk you through an erupting crisis in the western Pacific that threatens to bring chaos to world order, while an additional four bonus standalone scenarios take you back to hotspots in the past that did not lead to conflict - but could easily have.
The Chains of War are rattling loose. The world is right to fear their tremble; for a new superpower war may prove to be mankind's last spectacle.
- 12 thrilling campaign scenarios and 4 bonus standalone scenarios written by Mike Mykytyn, founding member of the CMANO development team.
- NEW! Communications disruption by network/cyber attack or any other arbitrary factor: Isolated units realistically limit their tactical awareness to only what they themselves can detect and engage, and are completely of their parent side's control. Say goodbye to Borg-view of the battlefield!
- NEW! Cargo, landing and airdrop operations. Load mobile forces on ships, aircraft and even submarines, and unload them on any suitable point on the battlefield. Platforms are realistically limited by volume, weight and crew on what they can transport.
- NEW! Comprehensive damage model for aircraft. Aircraft may be shot down outright or receive damage that will still allow them to limp back home. Different aircraft can absorb different punishment on their fuselage, cockpit and engines. Depending on the amount of damage received a plane may be "mission killed" if its repairs take so long that it misses the fight.
- NEW! Advanced weapons for the new age of war. Tactical EMP weapons, railguns, high-energy lasers and more