Visit the real town of Cachiche, Peru, to spend your nights looking for potential ghosts to photograph. Discover an exquisite corpse-style narrative as you show your photos to local people who spin stories about what they see in them.
Cachiche is a suburb founded hundreds of years ago in the desert by witches during the Peruvian Inquisition. The game recreates the environment through documentation taken onsite and real interviews with local witches, descendants of witches, and visitors.
- Explore a 3D world with ambient sounds, voices and textures from the Peruvian desert, a living environment at night. This includes multiple sections of town as well as several rural areas outside of town.
- Use your photography as a means of conversing with non-player characters, revealing what they see as well as what isn't visible.
- See yourself as an outsider, lurking in alleys, eavesdropping on conversations, going where you're not supposed to go.
- Watch the forces of tourism at work and the conflicts rumbling beneath the surface of a small town.
- Discover that your camera is not just a passive recorder, but that its act of observation can change the environment.
- Complete progressively more abstract quests and delusional journal entries.
- Export and share your photos.