Only the foolhardy would risk an encounter with the unknown perils that lurk in the murky depths of Darkwood Forest. Yet there is no alternative, for your quest is a desperate race against time to find the missing pieces of the legendary Hammer of Stonebridge – fashioned by Dwarfs to protect the villagers of Stonebridge against their ancient doom.
Computer gaming was in its infancy and it was the early days of tabletop RPGs when Ian Livingstone's The Forest of Doom exploded into bookshops in the early 80s, proudly displaying Iain McCaig’s iconic cover.
Relive the adventures in Darkwood Forest, lovingly updated for PC, Mac and Linux. Presented in full colour with realistic physics-based dice rolling for battles, auto-mapping, an auto-updated adventure sheet and stat keeping.
- Make the gamebook as easy or hard as you like and even turn on a special cheat mode to read it old-school!
- Atmospheric new visuals which can be turned off to make the gamebook look like it came off the printing press in the 80s!
- NEW Auto-mapping! Never get lost in Darkwood Forest.
- Iain McCaig’s famous cover animated and brought to life.
- Malcolm Barter’s classic illustrations colorised. Explore Darkwood Forest in full color!
- Fantastic new cover artwork to unlock!
The Forest of Doom has been created using Tin Man Games’ critically acclaimed Gamebook Adventures Engine featuring:
- An automated Adventure Sheet to keep track of stats and inventory.
- Realistic physics based dice rolling.
- Achievements to find throughout the gamebook.
- Artwork gallery. Find an illustration in the gamebook and be able to access it full-screen forever.
- Bookmarking system which saves your position in the gamebook, much like putting your fingers between the pages to remember your previous page when reading the paperback!
- Specially composed soundtrack and sound effects.