Follow the creation of the games Super Meat Boy, Braid and FEZ through this Sundance award-winning feature documentary. Critic’s Pick of the New York Times and declared a “Must See” by Ain’t It Cool News. Watch the full theatrical cut in 1080p HD.
After almost two years of painstaking work, designer Edmund McMillen and programmer Tommy Refenes await the release of their first major game for Xbox, Super Meat Boy—the adventures of a skinless boy in search of his girlfriend, who is made of bandages. At PAX, a major video-game expo, developer Phil Fish unveils his highly anticipated, four-years-in-the-making FEZ. Jonathan Blow considers beginning a new game after creating Braid, one of the highest-rated games of all time.
First-time filmmaking duo Lisanne Pajot and James Swirsky capture the emotional journey of these developers as they sacrifice money, health and sanity to realize their lifelong dreams of sharing their games with the world. Four developers, three games, and one ultimate goal— to express oneself through a video game. Features:
- 1080P, full HD video application.
- ‘Team Meat’ Audio Commentary Track: Edmund McMillen and Tommy Refenes provide their various insights throughout the film. Hilarious, informative and sometimes outright lies. It’s a great compliment to the film.
- Subtitle / Language Support: Arabic, Chinese (traditional), Czech, Danish, Dutch, English, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Turkish and Ukraine.
- Video Extras: Assorted video pieces produced during the production of the film.
- 2012 Sundance Official Selection World Documentary Competition
- 2012 Sundance Winner for Best Editing in World Documentary Cinema
- 2012 South by Southwest Official Selection
- 2012 Hot Docs Festival Official Selection
- 2012 Sheffield Doc/Fest Official Selection