Originally made for 7DRL 2014, Mysterious Space tasks you with delving deep into the ZZ-Omega sector to recover an important piece of information, and to return with that information in one piece.
To get there, you'll have to stop at planets along the way to find much-needed fuel.
Arm yourself with procedurally-generated weapons, armors, and shields to defeat the enemies that stand in your way. Features
- Local co-op, up to five players
- Procedurally-generated planets, including forest worlds, desert worlds, ice worlds, lava worlds, and others
- "Alien Artifacts" and "Advanced Technology", analogous to the potions and scrolls of rogue-likes: does the Red Alien Artifact repair armor this game? Or will it scramble your sensors for 10 seconds?
- Unlockable ships and ship upgrades
- Procedurally-generated weapons, shields, armor, and accessories to equip yourself with
- Various enemies and mini-bosses, with distinct movement patterns/AI
- "Secret logs" that reveal the lore of the world (galaxy? universe?)
- Supports XBox-compatible gamepads (you'll need them for co-op!)
Mysterious Space's soundtrack - by DDRKirby(ISQ) - is available for listening and purchasing at bandcamp: https://ddrkirbyisq.bandcamp.com/