Set in a fantastic 1930s world, “Impossible Creatures” is a 3-D, real-time strategy game by Relic Entertainment the creators of Homeworld, Dawn of War and Company of Heroes that pits the player against an evil villain in a desperate campaign across a chain of remote and diverse islands. Using Earth’s most formidable animals as building blocks, the player must create an army of genetically-altered mutant monsters in a titanic struggle to protect an unsuspecting world.
- Thousands of units: “Impossible Creatures” has more than 50 animals that can be combined to create a vast number of mutant creatures, the results of which are limited only by players’ creativity.
- Strategies as boundless as your imagination -- By building these creatures into powerful and effective armies, players can define their strategy and how they want to tackle their opponents.
- Explore rich 3-D worlds – The highly detailed, fully 3-D dynamic world allows players to battle in four richly detailed environments, each with special flora and fauna.
- Compelling single-player campaigns – Players command dozens of creatures, and henchmen in 15 missions across 14 distinct islands.
- Unprecedented replayability – “Impossible Creatures” offers boundless creature combinations, armies, and strategies as well as online play and an easy-to-use mission editor that provides limitless play options.
- Unique multiplayer options – Up to six “Impossible Creatures” players will be able to wage war in real time. The multiplayer component will streamline base-building, allowing players to build creatures offline and store them for future online battles.
- Transferable units – Players can refine their armies in the single-player campaign, and test their strategies with the same armies in a multiplayer game.
Steam Edition Features:
- Fully remastered to work with modern systems
- Insect Invasion, Mod SDK (C++) and all patches included
- Re-implemented multiplayer and NAT traversal for a smooth online experience
- Steam Friend invite implemented
- Steam cloud support