Super Indie Karts
is a classic retro '90s style karting game featuring a large curation of Indiegame karts and Indiegame themed race tracks, in both the 16-bit flat Super style
and the 64-bit low poly Ultra style
. With Time Trials, Grand Prix, Splitscreen GP, Quick Race, and a few Battle Modes.. there's plenty of ways to tackle the tracks!
Indie Crossovers so far include:
- ToeJam & Earl: Back In The Groove - Burrito Bison - Mutant Mudds - Runbow - Freedom Planet - Teslagrad - Fist Of Awesome - Read Only Memories 2064 - Canabalt - Duck Game - Toto Temple Deluxe - Knightmare Tower - Aegis Defenders - Shutshimi - Cross Code - Guacamelee! - and many more to come! With over 40 tracks currently ready to race on, in 4 speed classes, plus mirror mode, there'll also be plenty of achievements and unlocks to keep you drifting and burning pixel rubber 'till the pixelated billboard sun goes down!
With one foot firmly in the past, witness authentic '90s hardware limitations such as:
- shockingly bad draw distance!
- fast, incredibly small, almost claustrophobic, tracks!
- trees and obstacles that pop up 5 yards in front of you!
- increased draw distance and track area size!
- large open antigrav racetracks that corkscrew and loop-de-loop into the skies!
- more cranked up than a joypad with a double wedgie!
More info on the final game:
- World leading watermelon physics engine! (featuring Blast Processing!)
- 1992 style screen curvature and motion blur! (optional)
- Indie Game crossovers you know and love, and some you don't yet know you love!
Play as some super Indie Game characters, coming to battle it out in some super Indie Game themed tracks! It might get a little bumpy out there as there are plenty of weapons on the track to spin you out: Meloons, Exploding Pangapples, Slippy Gelatos, Heat Seeking Loconuts, Giant Halloween Pumpkings, Mutant Tomms, and 3 different strength Chilli Boosts!
The game was KickStarted late in 2014 and is aimed for completion in 2021. You don't have to wait until completion though as you can join in now with Early Access! The EA game currently boasts over 30 characters, with 32 Super tracks, 8 Ultra (64) tracks, and 4 recently added Advanced tracks, with 20 more tracks to come, to play Single Player or 2/3/4 Player Splitscreen in Grand Prix mode (and in Mirror Mode), in Time Trials, and 9 arenas in Battle Mania which recently went through a serious overhaul. More play modes, characters, and features will be added each month as the Early Access weeks drift on by.