Suit up for the first manned mission to Mars! MARS 2030 is a virtual reality simulation
that gives players the opportunity to explore the mysterious red planet like never before.
MARS 2030 centers on open world exploration
. Taking on the role of an astronaut, players traverse Mars and collect geological samples that uncover the planet’s past. Make discoveries across 40 square kilometers of open Martian terrain
, accurately-mapped and -modeled using NASA's Mars Reconnaissance Orbiter HiRISE satellite data. Along this journey, players discover a world rich in history that, much like our own planet, once looked very different from what exists today. MARS 2030 can also be experienced in non-VR.
Key features include:
- Full Martian days, with the orange hues of day transitioning to blue at night
- Realistic weather conditions, atmospheric pressure, and Martian gravity
- Geolab workstation equipped with a VR Microscope to study collected samples
- A habitat base, modeled after the design from NASA Langley’s Evolvable Mars Campaign
- Interactive VR music, performed and recorded by the London Symphonic Orchestra
- Ambisonic sound covers audio sources from every direction and propagates sound realistically
- Full support of motion controls to operate equipment and Mars rover, and navigate the terrain
Mars 2030 was developed by FMG Labs, a division of Fusion Media Group, in partnership with NASA. It is available on PC for HTC Vive and Oculus headsets, and will be available on Playstation VR at a later date (TBD).