Somewhere between rhythm game and musical instrument, inSynch is an arcade game at heart. Allowing the player to act while being acted upon: follow the score you compose, express intent making sense of the music born from your actions.
A simple gameplay (press 4 keys to catch incoming shapes from the four corners of your screen) allows for a meditative Explore
mode in which you play along the music you compose and a more survival-focused Exploit
mode in which you try to hold-on to your lives as the game gets progressively harder. Making it upThe game is entirely crafted and animated by hand using traditional stop motion animation techniques, giving a fragile and delicate feel to this musical experience.
Don’t let yourself be tricked though, Exploit mode gets hellishly difficult!
The game is an updated version of a museum exhibition prototype we made in 2011 and features a lengthy making of, packed with gorgeous photographs of the crafting of all our set pieces and art research, music composition captioned with insights into every step of the two year project. Key Features
- Try to catch the shapes coming at you from all four corners of your screen!
- Shape the musical landscapes you explore and experience, expressing your intent through play.
- Run for high score or survive as long as possible, while the game gets increasingly harder.
- All animations and sets are handcrafted from real materials, photographed and animated in stop-motion.
- Music loops and complete tracks were composed and recorded according to the unique gameplay.