Icebound is a steampunk fantasy visual novel and puzzle game in a world that has fallen into the depths of a thousand-year ice age. Alchemy is a very real ability to manipulate the forces of nature and machines run using clockworks and steam. Humans have united under a mighty continent-wide empire that seeks to harness the power of alchemy, while the horned race of ferans lives in tenuous peace.
The wandering alchemist named Dougal wields the power of fire, which is often shunned as an evil omen, so he never stays in the same place too long. During his travels, he winds up in Isenbarr, an isolated frontier town. When he tries to find a job there, he stumbles upon a mysterious challenge with a potentially priceless reward, and several other alchemists vying for the prize. With a monster plaguing the town, he must use all the alchemical skills at his disposal to prove that fire can truly survive in this world of endless ice. But what is the monster, and why is it here? The truth may be more related to Dougal himself than he believes... Novel-length story
- A whimsical yet complex story with over 100,000 words of alchemy, mystery, romance and deceit.
- Many moral choices that change characters' dialogue and reactions, and influence the story's ending.
- Includes an unlockable encyclopedia that fleshes out the game's world.
Challenging puzzle gameplay
- Put your alchemy skills to the test in 10 increasingly difficult optional puzzles.
- Includes a high quality original soundtrack and music room.