Take a father’s journey to hell in order to save the souls of his wife and child.
The ultimate old school trip to hell!!
The Chronicles of Thurstan is the first in a series of games based around the journey of a sword possessed by a father's powerful grief and hatred. This first game is the tale of the swords creation.
Rewarding game play features!
Killer 8-bit and 16-bit soundtracks
- A blend of action, platforming and RPG elements with a classic retro arcade style
- Battle through over 16 stages filled with unique enemies, environments and side quests
- Scale buildings and caves with Thurstan’s wall climbing and jumping ablilites
- Collect powerful weapons in your inventory and upgrade abilities at the store
- Play local co-op with your friends! The second player takes control of multiple supporting characters throughout the story!
- STORY mode filled with cutscenes, intros and outros between levels to tell the story of Insanity's Blade
- Play the streamlined ARCADE mode for non-stop carnage!
- Multiple difficulty levels to satisfy both the casual and hardcore cravings!
- Powerful OPTIONS menu including classic 4:3 or modern 16:9 screen resolution, custom control binding and 16bit or 8bit soundtracks!
- After beating the STORY mode revisit your save file for unlimited stage replay and completing missed sidequests!
A fully original soundtrack with 8-bit and 16-bit versions of each track!
What The Web Says
Some Awesome YouTube Let's Players!
- TEAM2G.org "If you had any love for the old 2D combat-centric platformers, you definitely want to give this game a try.".
Full Review: http://team2g.org/insanitys-blade-two-dimensional-rage/
- IndieGames.com "one of my favorite action games from last year."
Full Review: http://indiegames.com/2015/05/new_arcade_mode_streamlines_in.html
- RPG.net "it understands retro style and mechanics so well while never letting itself be held back by them, I cannot not love it."
Full Review: http://www.rpg.net/reviews/archive/16/16417.phtml
- JoelCouture.com "a game that, for all of its intense storyline, concentrates on making sure the player is having a good time."
Full Review: http://www.joelcouture.com/?p=4095
- PixelPopuli.com "Pretty damn fun slice of retro inspired arcade action."
Full Review: http://pixelpopuli.com/insanitys-blade-review/
- TechRaptor.net "throwback to the classics of old, with gameplay good enough to keep a player engaged the entire way through."
Full Review: http://techraptor.net/content/insanitys-blade-review-when-berserk-meets-gargoyles-quest
- Cliqist.com "fun and easy to learn. After four hours, I'm 70% of the way through, and I definitely lost track of time."
Full Review: http://cliqist.com/2015/02/04/16bit-death-dismemberment-insanitys-blade/
- 336GameReviews.com "a hidden gem and worthy of any fan of the Action genre"
Full Review: http://www.336gamereviews.com/insanitys-blade-review/
- Positron's Singleplayer full play-through series - Episode 1: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4y8kKij0ypo&list=PLwQX4pVd9LWnLSVxlxJ-2-FpMo2rtoGkY&index=1
- NoiselessMound's Co-Op play-through series - Episode 1: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qIA1ZaF_HJQ
- SpicyWaffle's Co-Op quick look: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2KOp9qsoKXI
- SlasherJPC's Singleplayer quick look: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3SeaA-5_uug
Adapted from the Insanity’s Blade graphic novel written by Chris Obritsch and as featured on the now-defunct WTFmag.ca
Note: This software is not compatible with video streaming or screen capture software. Decreased performance will be experienced.