What is Reflections?
Reflections is a real-world adventure game where every action you take has meaningful consequences that radically shape the experience. The game takes a new approach to story, where everything you do can be woven into a narrative that drastically changes, thanks to our Storyteller engine. Each action you take is punctuated by flushing the black and white environment with color, illustrating your progress and providing clues to what your future might hold.
- You create the story - The powerful Storyteller engine watches everything you do and changes the experience to suit.
- Three Acts - Experience various moments in your life which differ radically based on what you choose to do.
- Dynamic progression - time passes as you play, changing the opportunites and events that unfold
- Full environment interactivity - If you want to do it, you probably can. Reflections isn't about sitting and watching. Everything has its use.
- AI that responds to you - Multiple characters and creatures to build relationships with, relationships that may last your whole life
- Beautiful environments - stark black and white environments that slowly get filled with color by your actions
- Fully supports the Oculus Rift
The SettingIn Reflections, you are getting ready to leave home and start your life as an adult. You have to put things in order and get ready to leave by the end of the day. To do so, you can tidy up your business, help build relationships, or just go exploring. From there, it's up to you; the entire course of the game is based on the actions you take. About the StorytellerReflections uses a unique Storyteller engine, that allows anything that happens to feed into the narrative. Rather than picking story options, everything you do is part of the story. How you choose to spend your time matters; the Storyteller shapes your future out of everything, no matter how big or small. A complex system under the hood determines how actions affect your story, and makes hundreds of changes to accomodate. These changes can be as small as an item that reappears later in your life after it was used, or as big as an entirely new landscape to explore based on your larger choices. Our goal is to custom tailer an experience that you can relate to, which feels like something that you made happen. Virtual RealityLike everything Broken Window Studios develops, the game fully supports the use of the Oculus Rift. We're also looking into additional options for immersive controls, and will keep everyone updated as finalize our feature set. Tobii EyeX Eye-Tracking ControllerReflections also supports eye-tracking technology! With Tobii EyeX, you can use eye tracking to control object selection, extend your camera's field of view, and engage in more immersive character interactions that incorporate eye contact. Reflections deals with a lot of human-scale interactions, and we are glad to provide a new level of depth to those interactions by incorporating Tobii eye tracking.
For more information about the Tobii EyeX, please see http://www.tobii.com/xperience/
We are interested to know what you think of the Tobii integration and are looking to get your feedback during our Early Access period. Please let us know what you think!