At your ripe old age of 417, you’ve forgotten what made the sun stop moving, how the trees stopped growing and why everyone became immortal.
That is, until you met a little fox who wanted to help you remember, who wanted to show you how to bring balance back to the world.
Playne in an indie game which teaches how to meditate and build a mindfulness practise. As you meditate daily, the game world transforms from a barren landscape to one that is lush and full of growth. As you progress through the evolution, you also discover the story of Playne by talking to the guardian of Playne, Fox. All the while, helping you to find calmness and improve your overall well-being.
- Learn a super simple and effective meditation technique
- Helps you to build a consistent mindfulness practise
- Experience the many powerful benefits of mindfulness
- Game world which evolves as you progress
- Game world which responds to your meditation practice
- Explore the Story of Playne, written by a BAFTA nominated film-maker
Our alpha testing feedback is as follows:
- Over 85% of players who played more than once said they "felt better" after playing Playne
- Over 80% of players found the meditation technique easy to understand and practise
- Over 90% of players said that Playne encouraged them to meditate everyday
What is Meditation?
In simple terms, meditation is like exercise for your consciousness. The more you do it, the better you get at it and the better you’ll be.
Here are some of the proven benefits of meditation.
- Cultivate creativity
- Improve immunity
- Improve your mood and psychological well-being
- Increases feelings of compassion and decreases worry
- decreases feelings of loneliness
- Decrease depression
- Better regulate mood and anxiety disorders
- Prepares you to deal with stressful events
- Reduces stress and anxiety
- Reduces symptoms of panic disorder
- Reduce addictions
- Improves your focus, attention, and ability to work under stress
- Improves information processing and decision-making
- Improves mental resilience and emotional intelligence
- Relieves pain better than morphine
- Helps manage ADHD
- Increases the ability to keep focus in spite of distractions
- Improves learning, memory and self-awareness
- Decreases inflammatory disorders
- Decreases cellular-level inflammation
- Helps prevent asthma, rheumatoid arthritis and inflammatory bowel disease
- Reduces risk of Alzheimer’s and premature death
- Helps manage psoriasis
- Reduces emotional eating