- FINAL FANTASY XIV: Stormblood (includes also the Heavensward expansion).
- Exclusive in-game items:
- Syldra Mount*
The ever-helpful Syldra from FFV is now a flying and diving mount for adventurers to use!
- Wind-up Bartz Minion**
Summon the easygoing hero Bartz from FFV to journey at your side as you explore new lands.
- Chicken Knife Red Mage Weapon***
The chicken knife, a series mainstay that debuted in FFV, is reimagined in FFXIV as a red mage-exclusive weapon.
Join the fight for freedom! Dive into the next chapter of the critically acclaimed game FINAL FANTASY XIV Online with its epic next expansion pack - Stormblood!
Journey to the East to explore vast, new lands and play as two new jobs─red mage and samurai.
New tales of daring and adventure await as the Warrior of Light prepares for a journey beyond the borders of Aldenard
With over six million adventurers worldwide, there is no better time to join the resistance than now!
*Players must meet certain conditions to be able to fly and dive. Flying is limited to FINAL FANTASY XIV: Heavensward and FINAL FANTASY XIV: Stormblood areas. Diving is limited to FINAL FANTASY XIV: Stormblood areas.
**Minions are vanity pets that do not have any effect on a player's stats.
***Equippable by red mages regardless of level.
- The expansion automatically increases the level cap to 70 for all disciplines.
- The battle system will be revamped. One change is that cross-class skills will now be determined by role rather than specific classes.
- New jobs Red Mage and Samurai.
- New areas are said to be comparable to Heavensward areas in size. Flying mounts supported.
- Players will be able to go swimming and diving in bodies of water.
- The story begins in a place called Rhalgr's Reach.
- A new continent to explore: far eastern Othard.
- New locations, including the island chain of Hingashi; the Ruby Sea, home to pirates and the Kojin beast tribe; Yanxia, home to the Garlean-occupied Doma; and the Azim Steppe, ancestral home of the Au Ra.
- A new city, the port town of Kugane, in Hingashi.
- A new far eastern styped housing area, Shirogane.
- Two new Beast Tribes, the Ananta, a serpentine tribe, and the Kojin, a tortoise-like tribe.
- New Primals, including the Ananta primal Lakshmi, Lady of Bliss, and the Kojin primal Susano, Lord of the Revel.
- A new high-end raid: Interdimensional Rift - Omega, the Bend of Time.
- A new 24-man raid series: Return to Ivalice, with a story written by Yasumi Matsuno.
- Exploratory missions set in The Forbidden Land of Eureka.
- The inventory system will be expanded.