You are cursed.
Of Flesh and Mud is the third Chapter for Dead by Daylight. Prepare for dark hexes and flesh made out of mud and decay, if you dare enter Backwater Swamp and live through the horror it brings. A new killer - The Hag - awaits you in the waterland area and you will meet a new survivor: Ace Visconti.
A hag driven to madness by being devoured alive piece by piece. A survivor that believes luck is always on his side. A wetland with scorched shacks, an eerie mud maze and a rusting boat graveyard lays ahead of you, so tread carefully.
Of Flesh and Mud is the brand new Chapter for Dead by Daylight and it includes a new Killer, a new Survivor and a map.
The Hag perks revolve around a new gameplay mechanic: the Hex totems. They are focused on cursing the survivors and sapping their abilities.
- Ruin: An ominous hex that affects the survivors' skills at repairing generators. Survivors affected by Ruin suffer the following in their desperate fight for survival: Good Skill checks results in regression on the generator. Great Skill checks do not grant bonus progression on the generator.
- Devour Hope: A hex rooting its power on hope. The false hope of survivors ignites your hunger. When a survivor is rescued from a hook at least 24 meters away, Devour Hope receives a token. Tokens grant various abilities such as double damage and kill by your own hand.
- The Third Seal: You will curse a survivor by hitting the victim while the Hex Totem is active. The hex reduces the effectiveness of the victim's aura reading ability and make the survivor easy prey. But only one survivor can have this curse at a time. Once you hit another survivor, the Hex is transferred to your next victim.
Are you feeling lucky? Ace Visconti is one charming guy. From his roots as a poor boy in Argentina, he gamed, scammed, seduced and smooth-talked his way to a life of luxury as a high roller in the land of opportunity. Money has always had a way of slipping through his fingers, but Ace simply figures he can always win more. Eventually he racked up too many debts with the wrong kind of people. But when they finally came to collect, Ace was nowhere to be found. No one knows where he has gone, but everyone agrees on one thing: He will survive… against all odds.
- Luck favors the bold: Ace is one lucky bastard or at least he believes he is. Therefore, he’s always ready to take a chance.
- Ace in the Hole: Lady Luck always seems to be throwing something good your way. When retrieving an item from a chest, there is a chance that an add-on of very rare rarity or lower attached to it.
- Up the Ante: Your confidence strengthens the feeling of hope for those around you. For each other survivor still alive, grant bonus to luck to all remaining survivors.
- Open-Handed: Luck is more than chance, it takes a bit of skill thrown in. You stay alert at all times. Strengthens potential in one's aura reading ability and increases aura reading ranges.