EA SPORTS FIFA MANAGER 09 gives football fans full control over the management of their clubs. Whether founding a club, becoming a national coach, or finally leading their favorite club to international glory, all options are open to players in the EA SPORTS football management simulation for PC. The game contains all areas of club management, from signing new players to training to extending stadiums.
A central element of EA SPORTS FIFA MANAGER 09 is the match day itself. The 3D mode offers new improvements, particularly in the areas of graphics, sound and AI. The new, fully customizable user interface in 3D mode gives players direct access to substitutions, tactical changes, and statistics. The text mode has been completely revamped and now features a unique mixture of traditional live commentary and an Internet live ticker. Lots of exciting and informative tools create a high level of transparency and atmosphere.
- New Line-up and Tactics - FIFA Manager 09 includes brand-new line-up and tactics sections. Both are easy to use - but with a new level of depth. Individual orders like tackles, forward runs, passing style, crossing position and frequency are as well available as the options to define special roles like captain, free kick taker, playmaker and target man. Team tactics like offside-trap, counter-attacking or playing direction are of course available as well. In total the users have to figure out the best combination out of well over 20 different tactical options. And if everything else fails – there is still the chance to increase the win bonus or to simply declare the match as the most important of the season!
- 3D Match - The new fully customizable user interface gives the user full control over the players on the pitch. Substitutions and tactical changes are just one mouse click away; tables, team and player stats can be displayed permanently on the screen if the user wants the information. FIFA Manager 09 includes a new crowd system with animated supporters, an improved stadium generator (this tool allows you to recreate every real-world stadium within minutes), a complete overhaul of the audio and further improved AI. An extreme tower camera allows the user to see every tactical detail on the pitch.
- Improved Interface - The main menu widget system includes 10 new widgets, buttons to switch all widgets simultaneously and an option to rotate the widgets automatically. The new Search History gives the user easy access to previous club and player searches. FIFA Manager 09 supports up to 9 RSS Feeds in the live ticker.
- Match Prognosis Tool - This new tool allows you to predict the result of every real-life match. The user simply selects the teams and then adds the players from the FIFA Manager database. Further details like fitness and form make this tool even more realistic.
- More Local Content - This includes the new German league system, special new stats for Spain (domestic scorer list, manager evaluation), new special foreign player rules and Spanish pre-season tournaments.
- Staff - The new Staff feature includes many new positions like fitness coach, talent scout and lawyer. The manager has to keep the staff happy by giving the team interesting jobs and challenges – as well as to pay them competitive salaries. A great atmosphere in the club is the key for the user to hire great talent and to give the players the best possible support.
- Dressing Room Chemistry - Many new player talks and promises give the manager even more control over the team chemistry and the new overview screen makes the manager’s life easier. Now the users can spot every problem within seconds but will they have the rapport to resolve the issue?
- Story of a Season V3 - This popular feature goes into its third season. For the first time FIFA Manager 09 uses video technology to present special stats and tables. More than 20 videos, local music and many additional screens with new information (e.g. the "Table of the Year", "European Dream Team", "Worst Starting Streaks") bring the manager’s world to life.
- Database and Editor - FIFA Manager comes with even more licensed leagues. The database includes now far more than 1,500 clubs and 25,000 players. More than 7,000 of these players are represented with real-life pictures. An extensive editor ships with the game. It allows the users to add leagues, clubs and as many players as they like.