Imagine a Diablo-like game with the mouse clicking part replaced by an horizontal shoot'em'up core gameplay.
That's what is Drifting Lands in essence: first and foremost an action-RPG (Hack'n'Slash or however you may call this). Then and only then a different kind of shoot'em'up, accessible to a wider audience than usual.
- randomly generated missions for replayability
- 100 levels of difficulty to climb with your skill or your ability to optimize your gear and powers
- 70 active and passive powers with various effects: dash, area of effect attacks, time control, etc.
- a complex item generation system with a lot of stat modifiers to optimize, unique items with "game changer" powers
- 3 classes of ships for different profiles of players
- Not your usual bland heroic fantasy universe