In the medieval land known as GALER, a thick fog begins rolling in from coast to coast, and rumors of the dead walking have people in a panic. It is at this time an ancient mind awakes and begins reaching out to some of the last survivors on the planet, having them unite as one force in one of the last surviving kingdoms. These strangers are then faced with a truth so terrifying that they must confront their own inner demons if they ever hope to make a stand against the living dead, for the true force behind it all is waiting on the other side..
- Unique dual random battle system - Choose four characters in your immediate party to complete sections of the game, during which there are random encounters happening both in this immediate party as well as back at the home base, choosing from your remaining characters. This allows for added difficulty in GALER, as a defeat in either random battle results in game over.
- Magic creation - Players have the ability to test and create new forms of magic using ingredients collected throughout GALER.
- Checking for traps - Not unlike detect traps in Dungeons & Dragons, if a rogue is on your team they can perform a detect traps skill in dungeons.
- Appraise items - A player can uncover rare items during the game that can be appraised and equipped as magical weapons/armor
- Tons of subplots and hidden storylines - Depending on who is (and who is not) on your immediate party and the time in which you are in certain areas, unique subplots can be revealed that changes the relationships between other characters in the game.