Last year's game topped the league and now the all-new FIFA 10 is looking to defend its title as the number one football action game. More realistic than ever, this latest sequel has greatly improved artificial intelligence, ball physics and graphics.
Brand new this year is the 360 degree dribbling system, giving you the most precise control ever. There are also changes to how the defensive line is formed, as well as improvements to crosses, freekicks and goalkeepers.
Naturally the game retains its hugely successful on and offline multiplayer modes, with new options and better stability for online play. The manager mode has also seen a massive update to make it just as deep and complex as the main game. With all these new features and more EA Sports are betting on FIFA remaining the champions for a long time to come.
- Innovative Player Control - 360º Dribbling
The first-ever true 360° dribbling system in a football game gives you precise control to skillfully play spaces between defenders that previously were not possible.
- Innovative Player Control - Skilled Dribbling
Advanced animation warping technology lets skilled players face defenders and manoeuvre around them with highly-responsive lateral dribbling, just like the game's legends.
- Gameplay Features - Physical Play Freedom
Wider dribble touches and new collision sharing allow for a less predictable yet extended fight for possession, resulting in more realistic battles between the dribbler and his defender.
- Gameplay Features - Player Urgency
Improved Urgency AI logic, with over 50 new movement cycles, delivers more responsive positioning so your players stay focused on the ball and move at a speed appropriate to the action.
- Gameplay Features - Improved Trapping Intelligence
Players now have a better awareness of where the easiest, most natural trapping position is so they can get the ball on the ground and under control easier and earlier.
- Gameplay Features - Advanced Positioning
Defenders multi-task and play the pitch more intelligently by covering dangerous spaces left by out-of-position teammates. In attack, players analyse space more effectively, curve their runs to stay onside, create.
Gameplay Features - More Accurate Passing
Players better analyse space, resulting in pinpoint passes that give their receivers more options and time to outrun defensive pressure.
- Gameplay Features - Authentic Shooting
Refinements to the shooting system and tweaks to the ball physics create a wider, more realistic variety of shots that enhance the exhilaration of scoring.
- Gameplay Features - Varied Defending Options
Slide tackle targeting has been improved so good players have more reach and avoid tackling through the dribbler. Better effort clearance logic gives defenders more options when attempting to get a foot on the ball before an attacker. Effort, such as sliding to block crosses and overhead kick clearances, will give the defenders more tools in order to prevent goal scoring opportunities. Balanced by less forgiving standing tackles, defending is now a more tactical skill in FIFA 10.
- Gameplay Features - Refined Goalkeeping Intelligence
Various improvements mean that goalkeepers now have a better perception of where to intercept loose balls and how urgently to do so, resulting in a more responsive and powerful rushing system. New animation warping technology provides game-realistic goalkeeper positioning and momentum, allowing for more variety in scoring. Refinements to the current goalkeeper behaviours, adding some new behaviours (like swatting the ball from the goal line) and general AI enhancements will improve his effectiveness across the board.
Gameplay Features - Responding to Gamer Feedback
- With over 250 million games played by the FIFA community, listening to the feedback and addressing gamer frustration has become a key part of the FIFA strategy. Better balance on lofted through balls; improved goalkeeper intelligence; more realistic shooting physics with less shots hitting woodwork; realistic sprinting and movement animation; refined off-side and advantage rules; and a more immersive football experience through continuous play and quick free kicks are just a few of the issues raised and addressed in FIFA10.
- Authentic Manager Mode
With over 50 improvements, FIFA 10's new Manager Mode is as close as you can get to running a team without actually being named to the job.
- Authentic Manager Mode - Match Realism
Calculated minute-by-minute, Manager Mode lets you make decisions based on your team's strengths and weaknesses including player performance, strengths of lines and strategic formations.
- Authentic Manager Mode - Authentic Transfers
Truly realistic transfers are made using logic based on multiple decision factors including finance, prestige, career prospects, other players' involvement and competition from AI clubs.
- Authentic Manager Mode - Believable Player Development
Just like on an actual team, the growth curve of your star players is based on multiple factors such as their playing environment and the demands placed on them.
- Authentic Manager Mode - Immersive Football World
Manager Mode takes you deep inside the world of football with formations and squads determined by match importance, real-time week-by-week transfers and transfer event summaries that promote bidding wars.