FaceRig is a program enabling anyone with a webcam to digitally embody awesome characters. It is meant to be an open creation platform so everybody can make their own characters, backgrounds or props and import them into FaceRig.
FaceRig Classic is the base version of FaceRig, which allows for home non-profit use and even limited monetization on YouTube/Twitch or similar as long as the commercial aspect of it is not significant. We consider commercially significant using it on any avenue (channel) that produces you more than $500 monthly revenue. This includes ad-based revenue and voluntary donations (one time or recurrent such as a Patreon). If you are under this threshold you can use Classic, if you are above you need to upgrade to Pro or Studio.
- Real time head and expression tracking in an input video stream, (also with audio analysis).
- Combining tracked data with additional virtual puppeteer-ing input.
- On-the-fly animation re-targeting for the tracked data and applying the animation on a user selected 3d model, with audio processing (voice alteration)
- Rendering and lighting the animated model in real time, in a user selected background.
- Encoding the rendered video and sending it further as output from a virtual webcam (it basically intercepts webcam input, and swaps the images captured by your real webcam with the fantastic content before sending it further).
- Provide the interface for tuning the parameters of all operations above.
- Customizable avatars
- Open creation platform: you can make your own models (outside of FaceRig), import and use them as your avatars. The models need to be created according to a set of published specs.