Discovering Space 2 is all about exploration. There's no action, shooting or explosions, just sightseeing, discovery and relaxation on an epic scale. Built from the ground up for VR, you have a small space ship and the entire Solar System to explore.
The end result is an experience that conveys the scale, awe and feeling of planetary exploration, in a fully immersive way. You really feel like you are there, and it is at times breath-taking. You can travel vast distances, view the planets (and their moons) from afar, execute some close fly-bys and plunge through their atmosphere down to the surface. Along the way you can listen to on-board commentary that adjusts its content depending on whether you take your time, or just dive straight in.
- Vast expanse of the Solar System to explore.
- Easy to use tour mode.
- Easy to use flight controls and navigation.
- Seamless and continuous travel from deep space down to the planetary surfaces.
- Planets modelled to true scale.
- Planets rendered using custom shaders that go beyond simple texture mapping.
- Procedurally generated terrain and procedural and multi-layered textures to enhance the planet surfaces.
- Planetary atmospheres enclothe the planets, providing striking sunrise and sunset vistas and re-entry effects.
- Simple navigation system allows you to easily fly to your desired target destination.
- Jump gates / hyperspace to allow quick jump to distant systems.
- Near speed of light effects – Red shift, view contraction and "headlight"
- Capture your view with in-game snapshots at the touch of a button.