East Africa, 2009. A 60-year conflict boils over as Ethiopia invades its smaller neighbor Eritrea, threatening the world's most vital shipping lanes in the Red Sea. An elite team of U.S. Army Green Berets, known as the Ghosts, moves in to safeguard the seas and free Eritrea. As the war rages on, the Ghosts are drawn from Eritrea's shores to the heart of Ethiopia in their deadliest battles yet.
- New multiplayer modes - Team-based Siege and Domination modes allow teams to attack or defend territory.
- Both new modes are fully compatible with your original Ghost Recon game - play for hours on the original maps.
- 8 new single-player missions.
- 4 new dedicated multiplayer spaces.
- 9 new multiplayer weapons, including the Bizon submachine gun, the M98 sniper rifle, and the fearsome M-60 machine gun.