Pike and Shot: Campaigns Steam Gift
||13 Aug, 2015
In Pike and Shot you can march in the footsteps of the great leaders of one of the most amazing periods in European History as you take command in the mighty struggles of the Great Turkish War, the Thirty Years War and the English Civil War.
History can be rewritten as you use your genius to lead your armies from victory to victory in Pike and Shot’s uniquely realized tactical battles. Previous victories and defeats determine the state of readiness of your forces, and every single unit will count to win the final battle. As you progress through the campaign, you will make hard decisions on a brand new strategic map, where terrain, manpower, supply, attrition, sieges and economic damage will all be defining your choices and making the difference between glory and defeat.
Hundreds of hours of gameplay await you in the four campaigns, all with their own armies and tactics
- Gustavus Adolphus campaign, set in the “Swedish phase” of the Thirty Years War, allows you to play as Swedes or Imperialists.
- English Civil War campaign allows you to play as Royalists or Parliamentarians.
- Great Turkish War campaign, set in the period of the famous Siege and Battle of Vienna of 1683, allows you to play as Austria and Poland or as the Ottoman Empire.
- Pike and Shot skirmish campaign allows you to match any two armies from 1494 to 1698 in a struggle for dominance.
- Effective AI makes sound tactical decisions. Historical battle AI customised to the historical tactical situation.
- 5 difficulty levels allow the challenge to increase as you develop your battlefield and strategic skills.
- 20 troop-types, 25 “capabilities” and numerous different unit organisations allow full representation of tactical differences and developments throughout the period.
- Detailed model that accurately represents any substantial 16th or 17th century battle world-wide as scenarios are developed.
- Mod friendly game system with built-in map editor.
- Multiplayer mode allows historical scenarios and “what-if” scenarios to be played by two players using Slitherine’s easy to use PBEM server.
- Large library of user-created single-player and multi-player historical scenarios that can be directly downloaded in-game.
- S: Windows® XP/Vista/7/8
- Processor: Pentium 4 or equivalent
- Memory: 1 GB RAM
- Graphics: 128Mb DirectX video card
- DirectX: Version 9.0c
- Hard Drive: 500 MB available space
- Sound Card: DirectX Compatible Sound Card