Includes: base game, manual, developer interview, artwork
The year is 1943. The Wehrmacht has begun Operation Hawk in an attempt to capture Kharkov with its steel claws. The SS Division Totenkopf has moved forward to crush the Soviet tank forces, but the Red Army has held the line, digging in and putting up a fierce resistance. In response, German tank armies have renewed their offensive with Operation Panther, and Soviet tank crews are now finding themselves severely outnumbered.
Want to step into the role of a commander in the very heart of Kharkov’s defense? You'll have everything the officers had back then: tanks, guns, and fearless soldiers. The success of each opposing force hangs in the balance every day. Your decisions will determine who wins the Battle of Kharkov.
- High replayability and flexible AI: “smart” AI analyzes the players’ tactical movements and chooses the best strategy based on behavior rather than a script. Scenarios can be replayed using different tactics, as though playing against a human opponent
- Painstaking reconstruction of Kharkov in scope and size
- Detailed recreation of weapons, artillery, and vehicles: all battle characteristics, including missile trajectories and crew numbers, have been modelled according to archived military records and WW2 chronicles
- Dynamic day, night and weather effects, all of which affect combat through terrain traversability, battlefield visibility, hidden force capabilities, and more
- Destructible environment: nearly everything can be blasted and destroyed, from ground terrain to houses and enemy defenses. All traces of previous battles (shell holes, broken vehicles, corpses, etc.) remain on the battlefield
- Realistic ballistics: bullets and projectiles follow accurate trajectories. Proper shot longitude, number of frags, and their range are calculated
- Comprehensive vehicle damage system: engine, suspension, weapons, and aiming mechanisms can all be damaged separately, affecting the combat capabilities of the vehicle
- Real soldier behavior: every soldier has several basic parameters, such as experience level, fatigue, and morale, which affect their behavior and effectiveness
- Military encyclopedia with 3D model viewer and detailed data on all units, describing their historical and in-game characteristics