Smugglers 5: Invasion starts where the original game ended. After years of civil war, the Federation finally emerged victorious, crushing all rebellion. The galaxy looked forward to a period of peace, a chance to repair the damage of a long and bitter war.
Then came the Jalkath, a new alien race looking much like the tigers of Old Earth. Their attacks were swift and brutal and they subjugated entire systems before the Federation even knew what was happening.
To the humans, they looked much like the tigers of Old Earth, and they soon proved themselves to be every bit as cunning and dangerous. The newcomers were swift and brutal in their assault, deploying terrifying weapons and subjugating entire systems before their victims even knew what was happening. The Federation has rallied a defence against the invaders, and now both sides struggle for dominance.
War has returned to the galaxy. For the right kind of captain, it’s a whole new chance for fame and fortune. Will you fight for the survival of your race? Trade and smuggle goods to make your fortune? Or play both sides against each other for your own profit?
Top features of this stand-alone expansion:
• You do NOT need the base game Smugglers 5: Secession to play.
• A new, playable alien race (the Jalkath) with new skills and professions.
• Revised ship to ship combat. The skill bar at the bottom now randomly selects a “deck” of available skills, giving the game more diversity. The “deck” changes during combat.*
• Six new alien star systems
• Exploration stories revised and new stories added to many systems.
• More than 10 new alien ships and squadrons, ranging from fighters to capital ships.
• Carriers added to the game with unique abilities – launch bombers, interceptors and escort vessels.
• Introducing new race-dependent news broadcasts and events.
• 20 new skills, including some that limit the skills available to your enemies. Existing skills have been revised to suit the new combat system and new ships.
• Conquering the enemy’s home system will immediately win the war.
• Artificial intelligence improvements
• The two main game screens now have a higher display resolution.*
• and much more ...
* = (marked features have been unlocked as a community reward in the base game too)
PC System Requirements