Includes 2 items: Battle Brothers and Battle Brothers: Soundtrack
Battle Brothers is a turn based strategy RPG mix which has you leading a mercenary company in a gritty, low-power, medieval fantasy world. You decide where to go, whom to hire or to fight, what contracts to take and how to train and equip your men in a procedurally generated open world campaign. Do you have what it takes to lead them through bloody battles and to victory?
The game consists of a strategic worldmap and a tactical combat layer. On the worldmap you can freely travel in order to take contracts that earn you good coin, find places worth looting, enemies worth pursuing or towns to resupply and hire men at. This is also where you manage, level up and equip your Battle Brothers. Once you engage a hostile party the game will switch to a tactical map where the actual fighting takes place as detailed turn based combat.
- Procedurally generated worldmap, tactical combat maps and mercenaries.
- Open and dynamic world simulation that is not scripted - your actions can actually alter the balance of the world.
- All characters come with their own background stories and traits. Want a stuttering ratcatcher, a greedy witchhunter or a drunkard disowned noble?
- Permadeath. All characters that die in combat will stay dead - unless they return as the undead.
- Field up to 12 Battle Brothers on large and varied tactical combat maps with different terrain and multiple height levels.
- Character development without a restrictive class-system. Each Battle Brother gains experience through combat, can level up and acquire powerful perks.
- Equipment that matters. Different weapons grant unique skills – split shields with axes, stun enemies with maces, form a spearwall with spears or crush armor with a warhammer.
- Diverse enemy roster. All enemies have unique equipment, skills and AI behavior.
- One full hour of orchestral soundtrack with more on the way.