Ascent - The Space Game Steam Key
Ascent is a Player Versus Environment space MMO with 270,000,000,000 star systems and an emphasis on strong Sci Fi, exploration, colonization, starbase construction, research and technology, mining and farming, trading, and of course combat.
Outside of a pre-defined "Apollo Sector" area with nine star systems, everything in the game is made by players - Colonies, starbases, stock markets (for trading), the government (colony Mayors, planetary Governors, star system Senators and a Colonial President are all elected by players) and even jump gates between systems.
- Exploration - more than 270 billion star systems generated with unique planets, mineral concenrations, agriculturual values and climate
- Farming and mining on planet surfaces - players can build their own planetary bases for resource harvesting. City simulation style play.
- Personal starbase construction - players can construct their own starbase to their own design. This becomes your home in space, and your centre for heavy zero-g manufacturing and research
- Trading - dynamic local NPC markets, player to player global market
- Dynamic NPC mission system - combat, trade (supply/demand), passenger transport, courier and salvage missions
- Asteroid mining - manual control of ship and axial mining beam. Player and character skill based.
- Research - blueprint fragments attainable from salvage missions allow the player to research forgotten and new ships and components, as well as enhancements to their buildings
- Manufacturing - every ship, weapon and utility module in the game can be manufactured by players and sold or used to customise their ships (which can also be given a custom paint scheme)
- Gas giant harvesting - because sometimes you need things like hydrogen and oxygen!
- Space combat - manual control fighter to fighter dogfighting, scales up to big ship broadside duels between cruisers
- Colonization of outer systems - the largest so far has over 50,000 structures and hundreds of thousands of colonists
- Outer Star Bases - these can also grow to vast size, open ended in 3D space just as colonies are on the surface
- Governments - Players who own colonies in a given system can vote for a colony mayor, planetary governor, system Senator and a colonial President. Governors can rename their planets, Senators can rename their systems and approve Jump Gate construction to their systems, and the President can approve jump gate construction to the inner systems.
- Player constructed jump gates - when approved by the relevant government authorities, players can band together for a community mega-project of constructing new jump gates, extending the reach of new players into the colonized outer systems
- OS: Windows 7
- Processor: Dual Core, 2Ghz
- Memory: 2048 MB RAM
- Graphics: Intel HD 2000, AMD A8
- DirectX: Version 9.0c
- Network: Broadband Internet connection
- Hard Drive: 300 MB available space
- Additional Notes: Heavily multithreaded - will use up to four cores at once